CTR is making continuous innovation for employees,
customers, and society and at all times practicing
for a safe world.

CTR Story

Life

Central's 50th Anniversary of Foundation and 69th Anniversary of Establishment 21-02-05

본문

On February 5, 2021, Central celebrated its 50th anniversary of foundation and 69th anniversary of establishment. 

A history project called C'story started two years ago. One of the outcomes of this project was to establish a new starting point of our company. 

In 1952, the ‘Shillasanghoe’, the former company of Central, opened as a store in the Busan International Market. 

2021 marks the 50th anniversary of the foundation and the 69th anniversary of the establishment. This year's founding ceremony was to celebrate the 50th anniversary and transform the starting point of Central into the 'establishment based’. 

Due to COVID-19, all staff members could not come together to enjoy the event, but the ceremony was held online (YouTube) and staff members from all around celebrated together. 

Watch the 50th anniversary of foundation and 69th anniversary of the establishment 

- PART 1. The Briefing [Wave of choice] 

There’s a saying that if you want to know about a person’s truth, you should look at his or her choice rather than words. Likewise, if you want to know about the company, you should look at its past decisions and choices. Then what kind of company is Central? We've looked at four choices in history that show us who we are.

- PART 2. Mini Documentary [Central People] 

"In my life with happy, sad, angry, and pleasant moments… I was fortunate because of Central…. and my colleagues.” What does Central mean to the staff members? The mini-documentary film contains a story about 'Central' that the staff members think.

- PART 3. The Message [Together] "It's a difficult situation around the world due to the coronavirus, but let’s overcome it by trusting our staff members and gather wisdom!” 

-A message from Tae-ryong to staff members of Central-

- PART 4. Music video [Yes, we are together] 

The last part is a music video sung by the staff members of Central. By arranging and revising the song [Infinite Challenge-Yes, together] released in 2013, the staff members in Korean and overseas sang together. 

"Thank you very much. For not letting go of my hand... I'll try my best. If we're together, I'm not afraid."

• LIST